My brother-in-law's father passed away. During the eulogy, Mike said the phrase
"Below the Bridge at Bennett" and I wanted to make a song from that.
I think the song turned out fine although it's a little long. There are some
lyrics that I never really liked.
- "that came easiest in Shrewsbury" is a little awkward, too many syllables
- something cliche about "dusty chair"
- "it's better that in peace you rest" and "it's better that you're gone at
last" seem a tad harsh although I sincerely mean it to be a positive thing.
- "[...] February, your body let you down" is just bad lyric writing
- "to fight for our country's liberty" -- I don't like the way liberty sounds
There are probably a few other things. But it'd be cool to fix them eventually.